Tuesday, October 6, 2009

designated vol 1



This 7" from Bullet Treatment was a bit of an impulse purchase for me. I'd seen the record in Fat's catalogue and liked the idea - 6 songs all musically identical with a guest vocalist singing their own lyrics. Tim from Rise Against is in here, along with a bunch of other big names in the punk and hardcore scene.

It came up on TradeMe which is a kinda unusual place for things like this to surface, but I jumped on it anyway and I'm pretty stoked. The wax is a really cool buttery yellow colour, which was limited to 510, with the slightest smudges of black mixed in. Fat pressed another 1559 on black so I'd guess they went before the yellows.

I really like this record, it's great to hear such big names putting their own individual spin on a solid, uptempo track. Last I checked Fat still had copies of the black press and the yellow won't kill your budget if you want it.








0 comments:

Post a Comment