Friday, October 2, 2009

3



The 3 box set by Ben Harper are the first records I ever owned so they'll always be special. I was given them as a gift and at the time it seemed like a pretty strange gift for someone who didn't collect records or even own a record player.

In hindsight, it's a pretty neat thing to have, and I'm really stoked I was given it. I've always enjoyed Ben's music and really this box personifies the search for something special. Whenever I hear a track off any of the enclosed albums, I'm immediately brought back to opening this box - the texture, the smell of the burlap covering, the way the light catches the simple black wax...ahh heaven.

There's not a great deal of information about this box out there on the web. I've seen various sites listing total pressings between 1500 and 2500, but the bog-standard appears to be 2000. I'd really love to know what the real count is if anyone out there could shed some light on the subject.

Prices for this box set have varied wildly over the years. Recently one went for $US80 on ebay, but just last year you were lucky to find one for less than $US300. Pick one up if you can, they really are amazing sets and will only increase in value as time goes on.

More pics:









































0 comments:

Post a Comment