Sunday, November 8, 2009

heart burns




I picked up this record on the strength of Tom’s first single Anna was a Stool Pigeon and it’s not a disappointment. The record is a definite shift away from Against Me!'s previous work but not in an unpleasant way. I guess if I picked this up and it sounded exactly the same as Against Me! I wouldn’t be upset, but it wouldn’t be much of a progression of his sound.

There’s a lot more electronics in here - synths and drum machines - so it won’t appeal to a lot of people, but I appreciate he’s trying new things and going in a new direction.

I’m fairly sure this was only pressed on black wax, but it came with the CD and a decent lyric sheet as well so it’s not a bad package. If there are more colours then I’d definitely like to know - anyone got the inside word there?






0 comments:

Post a Comment