Monday, November 16, 2009

buzzsaws and politics

It's been a little slow lately while I wait for a bunch of ebay treasures to arrive or for a magical find down at the bargain bin.



I thought I'd had the latter when I stumbled onto a red copy of the Acrid / Left for Dead split Hacked to Pieces on buzzsaw vinyl (picture mercilessly stolen from ihatepunkrock's flickr because I forgot to take any......again).

I was really stoked to find it, mostly because I tend to fall for tacky shit like discs with funny shapes or cool packaging, but what I didn't notice until I got home was that one of the teeth had previously snapped clean off.

Arg!

It must have happened ages ago because the missing piece wasn't in my bags or back in the store, so I took it back and washed my hands of the whole affair. There goes my interesting post for the week. Collectors: you can officially correct the number of presses for this record from 104 to 103, because damage like that makes the copy I owned for the weekend worth approximately three-fifths of bugger-all.

In lighter news, I did find a still-sealed copy of A Perfect Circle's eMOTIVe on lovely orange wax while I was dropping off the saw disc this morning. Nothing particularly special about that - god only knows how many copies of that there must be floating around out there - but the 2nd disc for this has a really beautiful white swirl in the middle of the clear orange and I can't take my eyes off it.

My phone is near-death for battery right now so I'll try and get some pics tonight.

EDIT: Pics added after the cut.
















I have a vague recollection that this was also pressed on white - could this be a transition?

0 comments:

Post a Comment